6-7 May 2015 at UNSW Canberra at the
Australian Defence Force Academy
The Organising Committee are pleased to announce that the PGCS 2015 will be held on 6-7 May 2015 at the Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) thanks to the continued platinum sponsorship provided by the University of New South Wales Canberra.
The Symposium website has been established at http://www.pgcs.org.au/index.php.
Come and join an extensive line up of keynote speakers and industry specialists for the re-established Project Governance and Controls Symposium (PGCS), now in its third year!
The PGCS is now the only Australasian symposium dedicated to promoting Project Performance Management and will again focus on the disciplines of project control, program, portfolio and project governance and management.
Be Part of the Program: Knowledge Development and Practitioner Tracks!
PGCS 2015 is calling for proposals for Knowledge Development and Practitioners in the field that engage with Project, Program and Portfolio (PPP) governance and control and project and program management.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and submission of presentation proposals.
A brief summary of the experiences of one of our outstanding 2014 keynote presenters, Mark Phillips, can be found at: http://reinventingcommunication.net/2014/05/13/observations-on-australia-and-the-pgcs/
Watch this space for news on the 2015 Symposium……
The meeting to formalise the closure of the Australian Performance Management Association and discus the formation of a less structured network for project controls professionals will be held on the 9th April 2013, at the Rydges Capital Hill, Canberra, ACT.
The AustPMA – Final Meeting is being held in conjunction with the Project Controls Community Evening (free event) which will start at 6:00pm to conclude at approximately 7:00pm – a cash bar will be available from 5:30pm.
The free Community Evening will include:
- The formal finalisation of the AustPMA
- A brief presentation on developments in the International Standards Arena (ISO) and the work of the ISO Technical Committee focused on project, program and portfolio management.
- An update on the qualification of planners and schedulers including the launch of the CIOB PTMC (Project Time Management Certificate) qualification in Australia
- An update of the CIOB contract for ‘complex projects’ and its approach to proactive time management.
- An open discussion on the ‘way forward’ to establish a dynamic community of project controls professionals in Australia, effectively linking the work of the AIPM Controls SIGs, the Governance and Controls Symposium, the College of Performance Management, Planning Planet, and any other group working to advance skills and knowledge in this important discipline.
The costs of the room hire are being covered by the not-for-profit, PM Global Foundation, the organisers of the Governance and Controls Symposium that will be in the same location on the 10th April.
Any former AustPMA members may download:
Or email me to request copies at email@example.com (many of you have moved and we don’t have your current email).
Regardless of your involvement with AustPMA in the past, we cordially invite all project controls professionals and interested project managers to attend this free community meeting to network and discuss the future direction of our discipline, as well as bidding a short but fond farewell to the AustPMA.
To assist in organising, please register for the free Project Controls Community Evening at: http://wired.ivvy.com/event/GCSM13/ (scroll down page for details).